|Position||:||Junior Assembly Technician|
Our work contributes to a world in which agriculture is done more efficiently and reduces the impact on our planet. We build sensors and analytics software for scientists, breeders and farmers around the world to better understand and manage their crops – any time and any environment. We help to automate the hardest jobs in plant science, plant breeding and in agriculture with solid and elegant solutions. We are an international team coming from diverse backgrounds in plant science, agriculture, physics, computer vision and business and we love to solve challenging problems.
Working as a Junior Assembly Technician at Phenospex
As part of a small team, you are responsible for performing a wide variety of production assembly, development and repair/refurbishment work on complex assemblies. This involves mechanical as well as electrical wiring operations and includes fitting and alignment of parts to close tolerances. You will work with formal (drawings, schematics, connection diagrams, parts lists) and informal (engineering sketches, notes, diagrams) documentation.
- Assembly product by following and reviewing assembly instructions, specifications and parts lists, and by gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials
- Soldering and wiring on electronic boards or small electrical cabinets
- Assembly of components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies
- Installation of software and verification of specifications by measuring/calibrating completed components
- Receiving, unloading, unpacking and transferring materials to different work stations
- Stock maintenance to avoid material shortages
- Keeping equipment/products operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions and repairs
- Creating and updating production documentation, schematics and drawings
- Ensuring products meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule, cost and safety
- Maintain safe, clean and organized working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Coordinate production process and contribute to process improvements to establish cost savings and reduce on-site installation times
- Support with performing installations at the customer’s site
- Completion of special assignments as requested
- Secondary vocational education in electrics or electronics (“MBO Elektrotechniek”)
- first work experience in complicated electro-mechanical assembly work
- Basic understanding of health & safety requirements
- Soldering and welding certificate
- Excellent mechanical skills and proven ability to work with various forms of engineering or process documentation
- Basic knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Team player with strong English and Dutch communication skills and “do what it takes” mentality
- Ability and willingness to travel approx. 20% of the time
Interested in joining?
Then please send your CV with “Junior Assembly Technician” in the subject line and a brief explanation why your interests and background match this position. Phenospex offers competitive compensation.
Contact: Alexandra Müller | firstname.lastname@example.org | T: + 31 45 71 11 693 www.phenospex.com