SENIOR PUBLIC AFFAIRS & POLICY OFFICER
Are you passionate, hands on, idealistic, responsible, mission-driven, and self-directed? Are you familiar and actively involved with the political circles of Brussels and The Hague? Are you a lobby mastermind, born communicator and no stranger to fundraising to boot? Do you know how to excite people about one common goal: saving missing children. Then we have a unique and exciting challenge for you!
About AMBER Alert Europe
AMBER Alert Europe assists in saving missing children at risk by connecting law enforcement with other police experts and with the public across Europe. AMBER Alert Europe advocates that one missing child is one too many and aims for zero missing children in Europe. AMBER Alert Europe’s 30 participating organisations include civil society, authorities and business from 21 countries. AMBER Alert Europe facilitates the European Police Expert Network on Missing Children, consisting of over 50 experts from 19 countries, as well as the Task Force on AMBER Alerts
As Senior Public Affairs & Policy Officer, you are our key connection to other organisations in the field, as well as relevant European institutions. You are responsible for carrying out and pushing forward the programs and strategic plan of the organisation. You put your knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the non-profit sector to use to successfully acquire financial means for the organisation. You actively monitor and analyse the EU agenda and activities on their relevancy to AMBER Alert Europe and take the necessary actions.
Who are you?
You are optimistic by nature – believing that with time, energy, smarts, strategy and sheer will, you can change the world. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to create that change. You have an interest and a good understanding of human rights and children’s rights, as well as the child protection agenda. You know your way around the political circles of Brussels and The Hague unlike any other. You are a born networker - skilled at making and maintaining contact with a wide range of stakeholders. You have strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience. You can put your excellent communication skills to use to compile powerful and clear letters, position papers or subsidy applications; even under pressure.
- You have five or more years of experience;
- You have excellent project management skills, you are stress resistant and can you perform well under pressure;
- You have strong advocacy skills with experience in/understanding of decision-making processes of main European Institutions;
- You have experience in identifying funding opportunities, ideally in managing EU funded projects and activities;
- You are a strong communicator, written as well as oral, in English. Knowledge of Dutch and additional European languages advantageous.
- A very interesting job in which you can contribute to saving children’s lives;
- A full time position (40 hours) with lots of room for creativity, new ideas and personal input;
- A competitive salary with many benefits including a contributory pension;
- Use of a gym to clear your head;
- A fun, ‘Google-esque’ workplace in Maastricht or remote workplace in Brussels.
Click here for more information about AMBER Alert Europe.
We were hoping you would be and are (impatiently) awaiting your application!
Send your resume, cover letter and several written pieces you are proud of (English and Dutch) >to email@example.com stating PALV in the header of your email. We are looking forward to meeting you.
Acquisition in response to this job posting is not appreciated!