Our Advanced Glass Technologies business, headquartered in Maastricht, services our customers with black obscuration enamels and silver conductive materials for automotive glass. We also produce colour stains, enamels and decorative precious metal products for other glass applications such as bottles and architectural glass as well as for tableware and other ceramic applications.
The Finance Manager is primarily responsible for compliance with all JM Group and external reporting requirements. A key aspect is the management and engagement of the finance team. The Finance Manager meets the reporting requirements and ensures that the local finance organization is appropriately aligned with all the stakeholder’s needs. The Finance Manager typically gets involved in nearly every facet of Bu’s operations, maintaining close and trusted working relations with all departments.
Specific responsibilities include;
- Responsible for ensuring the financial processes and controls are in line with JM policy and are operating effectively;
- Planning, instructing and organizing the activities of the accounting functions; monitors the work of subordinates;
- Financial closing and month end reporting including a written analysis of the business’s financial position;
- Preparing, supervising and monitoring financial planning, budgeting and forecast cycles;
- Prepares and analyzes summary reports of accounts activities;
- Monitor, review and match accounting and related operational system(s) reports & interfaces for accuracy and completeness;
- Payroll accounting and fixed asset accounting
- GL accounting, specifications and the reconciliation of A/R, A/P and Inventory sub-ledgers;
- Monitoring and managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, credit management;
- Support internal and external auditors during their reviews.
- Foreign exchange management in line with corporate Treasury guidelines;
- Preparation of the Annual Reports (FA-packs) and timely filing of the Corporate Tax Returns. Responsible for maintaining an up to date Tax Control Framework. Liaison for local tax authorities;
- Compliance with statutory requirements.
- Fluent in Dutch and in English; written and verbal;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- A proactive, can do attitude and a hands on mentality;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- A strong understanding of business principles and finance;
- Good working knowledge Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with spread sheet and ERP software applications.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please send your application to Hans Weck, Human Resources (email@example.com) before August 1st and attach your resume and cover letter.