Vacancy: Senior finance officer (40 hours/week)
Are you the expert who can help us achieve our financial goals and are you interested in working for an international organisation? We are looking for a senior finance officer to strengthen our finance team in Maastricht.
Who are we?
The European Centre for Development Policy Management (ECDPM) is a leading independent think tank that wants to make policies in Europe and Africa work for inclusive and sustainable development. We have two offices: one in Maastricht and one in Brussels.
Our more than 60 staff members from over 25 countries worldwide provide independent research, advice and practical support to policymakers, advisors and practitioners in Europe, Africa and beyond. Our focus is on EU foreign policy and policies related to conflict, migration, governance, sustainable food systems, regional integration, business, finance and trade.
What will you be doing?
As senior finance officer at ECDPM, you will:
- Help coordinate financial and administrative activities within the organisation.
- Develop, improve and implement financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Participate in internal financial audits.
- Advise management on financial matters and help programme and task managers with budgets and financial planning.
- Monitor the status of the organisation’s financial position and our programmes’ financial targets, taking appropriate and strategic action where needed.
- Share timely financial information with management and staff, produce financial reports for internal and external use, and prepare invoices.
- Monitor and maintain the quality, coherence and accessibility of our data entry, our data records and our financial and administrative systems, in compliance with guidelines and legislation.
- Review funding agreements and insurances to ensure they comply with the law and regulations, and limit any financial risks.
- Keep up to date with changes, innovations and knowledge within the financial sector.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a master's degree in accounting and administration.
- Has ten (or more) years of relevant working experience.
- Is experienced in coaching and mentoring a team.
- Has a good working knowledge of English and Dutch. A good working knowledge of French would be a plus.
- Has a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Exact.
- Has a mature personality and excellent social skills.
- Is service-oriented and a dedicated team worker.
- Is accurate, flexible and dependable.
- Is result-oriented and applies a solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance and confidentiality.
ggWhat do we offer you?
- A one-year contract for 40 hours a week, with possibilities of a longer term extension upon good performance.
- A salary in line with the Dutch government remuneration system (BBRA) scale 12, plus a holiday allowance and end-of-year allowance – depending on experience.
- A generous package of 47 leave days.
- A pension plan, relocation support and a bike scheme.
- A lot of room to grow and learn.
- A home in an international and dynamic organisation, based in one of the most beautiful buildings of Maastricht.
If you would like to receive more information about the position or working at ECDPM, please get in touch with Karen Gielen via email@example.com or +31 (0)433 502 930.
For more information about ECDPM and our areas of work, please have a look at our website.
How to apply?
If you are interested in the position, please send us (1) your CV and (2) a cover letter in English before 30 April 2019.
You can address your application to Karen Gielen at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your application should read: ‘Application senior finance officer ’. We will not take into account incomplete or late applications.
Interviews and, potentially, assessments, will take place early May.
Sign up to our news updates
Do you want to receive our weekly newsletter and/or other updates? Sign up here.