Johnson Matthey, Advanced Glass Technologies (AGT) in Maastricht, the Netherlands
Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a FTSE 100 specialty chemicals company. It is a leader in sustainable technologies, underpinned by science and with a reputation for world class innovation. The group is highly profitable but it believes that performance should not be measured by profit alone – it is also about running the business in the most sustainable way.
Advanced Glass Technologies is a Business Unit that is headquartered in Maastricht and services customers with black obscuration enamels and silver conductive materials for automotive glass. AGT produces color stains, enamels and decorative precious metal products for other glass applications such as bottles and architectural glass as well as for tableware and other ceramic applications. AGT has manufacturing operations in the Netherlands, UK, US and China and sells to key markets globally across the world.
The Financial Manager is leading the team of 3 direct reports in the Netherlands and is working in close collaboration with the finance colleagues cross global. In this role you steer our financial processes, administration and reporting and you are responsible for the delivery of our correct reporting. The Financial Manager has the lead over the budget process and is business partnering with our budget owners. We are looking for an enthusiastic professional with entrepreneurship who will be able to contribute to the “fit for future” design of our Finance department.
- Engage, lead and facilitate the finance team
- Steer and improve the financial processes and controls in line with global policies
- Structure and realize the month and period closure process in alignment with GAAP (IFRS/Dutch GAAP) and internal JM guidelines
- Monitor our KPI’s and propose improvement
- Product costing (ABC)
- Report and act as a business partner
- Drive and support the plan and control cycle; owning the performance review and the forecast- and budget process
- Supports internal and external auditing
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Finance/ Accounting or in a relevant technical subject and certified accountant
- Significant experience in acting as a finance Business Partner
- Minimum of 10 years of experience of which 3 in a team lead role
- Experience in a production company
- Experience in change processes and system implementations
- Great communication and analytical skills
- Used and able to deliver under deadlines
- Excellent in Dutch and English (verbal and writing)
- Frequent user of SAP and other reporting systems. SAP experience is a must have.
- Excellent in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Please send your CV and covering letter to our HR department at Anita.Lenaerts@matthey.com. For questions regarding the vacancy you can reach out to Rene.Schuurmans@matthey.com.